Virtual Check-ins is a simple way to streamline the process of getting informed consent, as well as checking a patient in, before they enter your physical building. It also streamlines communicating to patients, and parents, what to expect from their appointment, and also make it simple for offices to record a patients temperature.
Clear Partnering Group’s
Virtual Check-Ins Basic Info
How it works + Basic Features
We customize a web page, with a unique url, that you can text to patients the night before letting them know what to expect the next day. You can see examples here.
A patient can quickly and easily finish their Signed Consent form from their phone using the link on the signage we created for you. The form takes less than a minute to complete.
ClearPG designs the signage for you and creates a custom QR code for you. You can pick what signage you need and how it works best in your office. See examples here.
This messaging is customized for each office and their work flow. Many offices remind the family of several things such as only allowing the patient in the office, that they will come get them from their car, and that you have taken extra precations. You can look at an example here.
- First, we check their responses to see if they are eligible for an appointment. If they answered in a way that requires them to reschedule, the email and text messages your offices receive will say so.
- A email letting you know a patient is ready to check in is sent to you. In that email is a pdf of the patients responses that you can download and drop into their chart.
- A text message is sent to any phone number you want. This text message lets you know that a patient is ready to check in. The text message includes a link to a page where your staff can put in a temperature from that patient.
The link to take the patients temperature and associate that temperature with that patient is both email and texted to you. This allows your team to easily record body temperatures rather than keeping a clipboard. The staffer can take the same phone or iPad with them every time to record the patients temperature.
You will have access to a spreadsheet with all the patients responses and temperatures. You will also have all the pdf’s stored in whatever email address you want them sent to.
As a marketing tool, Virtual Consults help patients feel seen, heard and valued! It gives you the chance to show off your office culture and expertise all while building relationships with potential patients even before they visit your office. Virtual Consults aims to make your office the source for expert care.
To that, we say we’re genuinely sorry. There are too many variables and too many different ways people run their office for us to effectively, and in a timely fashion, address all of that.
We designed this to fit a cross section of the needs we were presented – and to do it quickly!
Those needs are:
1) Making sure we limit when/how people come into the office.
2) Making sure we can accommodate offices that want to take a person’s temperature.
3) Making sure we absolutely get a signed consent form.
4) Saving offices the time and hassle of having to read through consent forms.
Simple. It covers our costs.
Your setup fee covers the first three months of us keeping this service up and running for you. We’re only covering our server cost, our hosting, data storage as well as management of your data and QR codes.
Not such a simple answer!
Most offices are buying enough to cover the front door and other areas, meaning about 3-5 pieces per office. Do you need that many? No clue. You would know better – at the very least, make sure people can see it before they enter your office – so that means the front door.
You don’t actually have to buy signs if you don’t want. We’re just trying to streamline the entire process for you.
If you have multiple offices, please consider the following:
- If you have multiple offices, you may need to fill this form for EACH office.
- If each office has different people that need to be notified of patient arrival, text messages, and emails, a unique QR code and a unique set of notifications (Email and text)
- Why? We have to create separate forms, QR codes, and notification rules for each office – for example if the person who should be notified is different at each location, then we need to sets of signs and forms, or else one person will be notified constantly at an office they are not at.
To save you time, we can do that too!
Just use the sign up for to tell us how many of each kind of banner you need.
Before we go to print, you will be sent proofs for approval.
Printing takes 2 days to print, and then about 2-5 business days for delivery.
What about rush orders?!
Let us know if you need a rush order, we can add it to the cost! Rush jobs usually go out in 1 day and are delivered in 3 business days max.
After you submit your payment, you’ll be redirected to a page where you can provide us with your office information.
This will include logos, notification phone numbers, customized verbiage you may want on the site, etc.
Yes, but it’s limited.
If the system stops working, obviously we will be able to help you fix it asap! If you need changes to your templates, there is a $85/ hour charge to change those. One of the main issues people face is SMS support – which often comes down the the carrier and not our applications. We can help you track those down, but changes would be at $85/hours. If you feel like you’ll need extensive support, please make sure this system will work for you!
No… and it’s not because we don’t like you!
Setting up your forms, your account, your SMS, and all your customization takes time. That time cost is spread out over three months. If you *think* you’re going to find a better solution for this, please, don’t sign up. This is not a profit generating service for us – we are simply trying to cover our costs and offering a tool as-is to orthodontic offices that are referred to us. We also don’t have time to have someone issue you a refund. We hope that doesn’t sound harsh, but this application is presented as-is.
It’s really up to each office on determining if this solution fits for them. We’re just providing a hammer, you’ll have to figure out how to swing it.
I know it sounds silly, but we can’t make a lot of these decisions for your office and your unique workflow or situation.
That’s up to you, however, the system was designed to have the forms filled out once a patient is at or near the office. We use signs to accomplish this.
There are a few reasons for that:
- We wanted signs to make sure people didn’t just barge into the office. People will absolutely forget what they’ve done the night before and will likely bring their entire family into your office, despite your having told them what to do less than 24 hours before.
- It the office the opportunity to communicate what to expect with the patient – i.e., things like “Only the patient can come in.” Or “We will be washing your hands immediately once you get inside.” Or “We need to take your temperature.”
- It helps us solve the issue of “How do we know when patients get here?” – so they don’t have to text the office, they just finish the form, and the form notifies you – all while doing a health check and getting signed consent.
- It gives us an opportunity for offices who need to record patient temperatures to do so in a way that is super convenient.
If only getting a signed consent form is the main goal, it’s probably easier to find a service online that lets people fill out PDFs and have them email those to you. Frankly, even for us, filling out PDF’s online is a total crap shoot and is incredibly frustrating- so we tried to solve that by using a form that creates a PDF for you.
The reason were using signs is that we believe is the most foolproof way to keep someone from coming into your office before a consent form is signed or a health check is performed.
We wanted signs to make sure people didn’t just barge into the office. People will absolutely forget what they’ve done the night before and will likely bring their entire family into your office, despite your having told them what to do less than 24 hours before.
Many of these reasons can also be covered in the FAQ about “Can I send out these links the night before”. Please read that FAQ section for more of our logic behind using signage.
If a minor fills out this form at your office, the email and text message notifications you receive will inform you that you need a final parents permission. The information they provide you in the form will still be recorded. It’s up to each office if they want to proceed or not.
However, in the email notification, you will be given a link that you can send to the parent to fill out the consent form and health questions as well, in order to get their signature and approve the minors responses.
Sadly, we don’t have the time to customize forms and form questions.
The way we built the current forms (You can see a demo here) is by finding a cross section of every consent form we’d seen, and making sure we covered all those questions in our forms.
Here is what you can customize in our system.
- The consent form branding – We need your logo, colors, and an image of your office to brand this form for you
- The PDF generation – We can add your logo to this form
- The pre-visit notification – the custom page you send to a patient, that information is all customizable.
- The post-form-completion reminder – all this information is customizable for your practice
This contract and payment is for 3 months – we hope you don’t need this longer than that!
If after 3 months, you still need this services, we can bill you month-to-month as needed to cover our costs. If you’re curious about what it says, here is a link!
The contracts for this last three months. At that point, we hope you don’t need us anymore.
Our set up, hosting, maintenance, and sms fees are covered by a single payment of $720 for three months. The signage fees are extra and based on what you need to order for your specific office.
We hope beyond hope that you don’t need this solution after three months! We hope your PMS figures out how to intake this information, or there is no longer a societal need for signed consent.
We hope you don’t need this solution after three months.
If you do, however, need this after three months, we will go to a month-to-month subscription. That subscription will cost $210 per month.
It’s honestly hard to say. This isn’t a revenue-generating solution for us, so unless a big problem presents itself, its unlikely that we will do much other than support what we’ve currently built.
Now, we aren’t going to let it collapse on itself, but there is no current development roadmap for this, as we consider this good, thoughtful solution to a temporary problem.
If you think Virtual Check-Ins is a good solution for your office, use the “Sign Up Now” button to start. You will be walked through the payment process as well as be given the opportunity to order printable signage for your office.
Clear Partnering Group’s
Virtual Check-In Demos
Virtual consults help patients get the information they need to start treatment at your office.